Sunday, June 24, 2012

Worth the Cost?


Hey Guys,

I know I have written before on dreams and ambitions. However tonight I had a conversation that made me think, how much will I sacrifice for these?

Since I was young, I was encouraged to pursue my dreams, to aim big and to go for it. The older I get I am starting to see that these dreams come at a cost.

That 100% pursuing of something requires a sacrifice. We simply have to ask ourselves are we willing to count the cost?

Is the cost worth the gain?

That is a question I have been continually asking myself over and over in this last year. Is the goal worth the cost. Sacrificing 'fun' or 'entertainment' all for the pursuit of something greater.

Being a Christian (in name and religion) I am called to sacrifice everything and pursue God, to let nothing hold us back. I have to continually ask myself is it worth it, is sacrificing everything and pursuing God worth it? I would be lying through my teeth if I did not say this was a tough question for me or for any believer. Is complete sacrifice worth it?

The thing with doubt is this, you first must believe in something in order to doubt it! You must first believe in order to doubt. So here I am nearing 1am in the morning wondering am I able to sacrifice everything?

To sacrifice everything I have for my dreams, my ambitions and for my God?

Much Love,
Christian Sawka