Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Slowing Down

There are times I need to remind myself to slow down and smell the roses...

That is a funny statement coming from me, and a guy for that matter but lately what I have been noticing in my life is that I am perpetually busy. If I am not doing something I am pressing forward until I reach the next area. Moving from task, to task, to task. What happened to the days of slowing down and enjoying each moment.

By no means am I suggesting doing nothing but what I mean is enjoying the moment I am in. Enjoying the life that is going on right now. It scares me to think of all the simple things I am missing out because of the fact that I am going at 100 miles an hour. Whether it is work, or helping people, or serving or anything I am always filling my time.

In this last month I cannot remember a time I have taken the time to enjoy a good book, make myself tea or even taken the time to write. One weekend I was in Edmonton, next week I was in Eneumclaw, then followed by Blue River, and yet I was so on the move I can barely remember what I did any more.

I told myself this was going to be the 'Summer of Christian' and so far it has been a fantastic summer but there is something I have no done yet, rest and rested in the Lord.

I've been spending the whole summer working my butt off, travelling and constantly filling my time... Maybe rest is the answer now.

Much Love,
Christian Sawka

No comments:

Post a Comment