Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sacrifice?

Hey Guys,

It has been a long time since I last posted a blog and that has simply been because I have been busy with work, hanging with friends and overall losing a routine of posting everyday. I should start getting back into a system soon of posting and sharing a few of the things I am learning. So today I want to talk about this idea of sacrifice. We all make decisions each day that require us to sacrifice, some are larger sacrifices than others but regardless of that we are required to sacrifice something for something else. In order to hang out with friends, I must sacrifice a little sleep and in order to work I must sacrifice some free time. The question I have been thinking about lately is how much am I and how much are you willing to sacrifice? 

Any decision that we make in life is going to cause us to have to sacrifice something else, it could me letting go of a friendship, it could mean walking away from a task or it could mean compromising your ethics, morals and values. Hopefully it never comes to that but it could happen. So I guess the question I am tackling is how much am I will to sacrifice for different aspects of my life. Like right now I do really enjoy hanging out with friends till the late hours of the night but how much of my sleep and health can I sacrifice? I also work right now which means everyday in order to get the work done I could cut corners but do I want to sacrifice my ethics? 

Sacrifice can be a great thing but it can also be a negative things when used in the wrong manor, sacrificing for the wrong cause and wrong reason can ultimately destroy what you were working towards. Therefore remember as you make each decision what you are going to need to sacrifice to get there!

Goodbye for now,
Christian Sawka

1 comment: