Friday, February 11, 2011

Accepting a lose :)

Hey Guys :)

So for anyone that does not know by now, or anyone that does not go to TWU, I did not win the TWUSA election for president. I know, there have been some concerns, worries and fears that if I did not get this position I would feel like I failed. Well, for once I can honestly say that I am 100% at peace with everything that has gone on. I spent the most of the day stressing and being anxious about the election. If you would have seen me at around 3 to 4 o'clock you would have laughed. I was a little bit of a mess in a bad way I was over worried about something I could no control in anyway. But when we had to meet at 5:15 I prayed and just asked for this stress/anxiety away from me. Well about three minutes later we were called into the boardroom (cue the epic music) as we walked in the VP of Academics and the current and President looked at us. They thanked us for running , thanked us for making the effort and thanked us for taking the step out and running. Then all my stress disappeared, right then and there my stress disappeared. It was such a relief.

I told everyone that I believe that I was going to accept whatever God's plan was. Now the thing is I was running for president and even if I did not win I was still going to have to be a man of my word. One thing I found during this election is that you HAVE to do what you say, do not over promise and be real with people. So even though I did not win I still told people that God had a plan. Well, I quickly learned that saying something is a lot different then actually having to follow through with it. So back to the story I sat there heard the news that I lost and I was OVERCOME with joy. What the heck?

I know I was shocked! I was overcome with joy! I all of the sudden became super excited that Caitlin was going to be able to run TWUSA. As I walked out I tried to pretend to not be excited because I did not want people to get the wrong idea, but I was overcome with joy. After I left the TWUSA life went back to normal, completely normal. I starting singing one of my favourite songs, I said hi to the same people I do every day and then I went to cluster. No change :)

The funniest thing about this whole ordeal and losing was how quickly people were concerned. My parents were there, my sister was there, my friends were there and anyone else who cared. I was really appreciated my parents coming out they were worried I was going to be crushed. I still think my mom was concerned at my happiness level. She told me that if I EVER needed to talk she was there. I believe her but I do not 'need' to talk to anyone I am so excited to see the plan God has for me now. I felt that I needed to run because God was calling me to and to teach me something.

Well he did teach me something and showed me that I have grown :) You know that feeling when you can look back and see that you have moved forward? Well this, this is that time for me. Last year around here I found out that I did not get a Community Facilitator position here. I was pissed, mad, angry and wanted to know why etc... This time around I am so excited to see what next year is going to hold, the great job Caitlin is going to do and to see what God is going to do in my life.

So I am going to sleep for the first time in a long time but I wanted to post again because I have not posted in a while not which is bad of me. I just wanted to make sure people know that I am doing well, actually I am doing great! So I am accepting this 'lose' I am accepting that God has a bigger plan and no matter what, no matter anything He will be glorified in all of this. So anyone worrying that I am going to slip in depression again there is not a chance. Anyone hoping or glad that I failed well I am sorry I am in a great spot right now and will continue to be. So if you see me this week or so dancing and singing across campus know that it is not fake I am doing great :)

See you for now,
Christian Sawka


1 comment:

  1. Dude, this is super cool. I love how God provides his joy in the craziest circumstances. What your talking about in your last paragraph is a real cool testimony to what God has been doing in your life this past year. Keep it up. Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete