Sunday, April 10, 2011

Positive Self-Reflection

Hey Guys,

Too keep with some what of a routine I like to take Sunday to just reflect on my life, and where things are going. Today is going to be a little bit more of a different self-reflection. Often when I talk about self-reflection I am a little critical of myself and evaluating everything in my life. Today however, has just been an amazing week that has encouraged me a fair amount. First off there is something I want to talk about. Well not something someone. As much of you have noticed and hopefully had read up on is this thing called a Libero Network. A friend of mind started it up and works extremely hard almost everyday to try and make an impact on as many people as she can. Her blog is this:

http://exposedblog.net/ it is focused around eating disorders. The reason I just wanted to do a plug from her is because of the amount that she does for me. She not only has helped me with my blog and give me pointers but also encourages me. Next to my parents, she is one of the top people who encourages me to continue blogging and sharing what has gone on in my life. I would just encourage you guys to check it out. She just did her one year vlog post and you should all go check her blog out and give her some encouragement back.

Onward to self-reflection, I think the reason I am feeling great today is for two key reasons. One because of the community supporting me and two the feeling of accomplishment. First is this weekend has just been an encouragement I got plugged into a Church in Langley here and have been apart of a cluster. Basically it is a large group of getting together to have some fun, hang out and help each other not kill everyone. Then the other thing is this feel of accomplishment. The reason I am feeling accomplished is simply because I am starting to see the effects of the decision I have been making. Decisions to stay away from drinking, to try and be less arrogant, to do what I say and a multitude of others. I know there will be a few of you sitting there and reading pointing out all my flaws still and yes I know I still have them and always will. But today that does not bother me, because just as Lauren did talking about the last year I am thinking about where I was 4 months ago and looking at the changes today!

I think it is easier for me to look where I was 4 months ago because I can go back and look at my blog posts and see the tone of my writing. This is my encouragement and challenge for anyone reading this, keep a journal and watch your progression as a person. Track the decision you are making and you will see the change. That was just a little self-reflection today. Hope you guys are having a great day too!

Goodbye for now,
Christian Sawka

No comments:

Post a Comment