Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Purpose of "Goals" (Part 2)

Hey Guys, sorry about not posting lately I will update later on this week as to what caused me to not post these last few days so look for those updates.

Part 2
Not date for 2nd semester
Work on family relationship*
Make a difference in at least one persons life
Stay accountable/transparent
Active member in church 
 
As I mention in part one goals are not goals that cannot be achieved but these are goals that are a little harder to accomplish. On this second part there are 3 little unattainable goals and 2 attainable. However like I mentioned before they each derive from something larger.
I have talked about my dating experiences a little before in my competition post but for this next semester I am not going to date for my entire second semester. Now I know to some of you this seems ridiculous because it is easy not to have a girlfriend for a semester but this goes so much further then that. It is broken into these rules:

1. No Physical Intimacy (Kissing, Cuddling anything...)
2. No Official or Unofficial Dates
3. No Leading Girls on
 
This is where it starts to become more difficult because it is no longer just not having a girlfriend but it includes everything else. Now I bet you are already speculating as to why I am not dating but what it comes from. Well this is the thing I am tired of hurting people now that sounds kind of arrogant but it is the truth. I tend to lose focus, interest and everything in girls. It is sad and something I am working on but right now that means that I should recognize my weakness and should stay away from that. The biggest mistake we could make is knowing our weakness and fault and not trying to work with them. If you know you have trouble with something ask for help or try and improve it.
 
Work on family relationship. This is something I do not talk about because the one thing I want to keep to myself is my relationship with my family. 
 
Make a difference in one persons life, This is an interesting thing because as I talked about in a previous point what kind of a difference you can make there is. What I am aiming for is this unintentional I what to make a difference in one persons life without intentionally doing it. This deeper goals is that I what to change my life to live and show people my life by example. Often one of the biggest criticism I have gotten in my life is that I do not always lead by example and that is something I want to drastically improve in 2011 is living my life by my actions and by example. It is easy to say make a difference in one person life but now try and make a difference in one persons life by trying to make a difference in your own life. That is what I am trying to do and it is probably one of the hardest task I have been trying to accomplish for a while but this year I am going to make it a high priority and actually aim to do this.
 
Stay accountable and transparent,  Often in my life I have been extroverted always told people what was going on in my life but never the problems I have been facing. This goal is with this is to actually trust someone to be transparent to them. The deeps issue that comes out of this is my inability to trust people and to be vulnerable. I have this utter fear of trust people beyond telling them about my day. People often mistake me talking and me being transparent it is a scary feeling. My goal this year is to work on my trust issue and my ability to be vulnerable but the thing is how do you work on something like that? Well I broke it down what does trusting someone mean? what does being vulnerable look like? Well that is how they look trusting someone does not mean just telling them about your day it also means letting them know what you are struggling with, what you need help with. Being vulnerable means to put yourself out there with the fear of knowing people are going to see what is actually going on and accepting that. It is stepping out of your comfort zone if you sit in your little group of friends and do not step out of your comfort zone you are not exactly opening yourself to being vulnerable. Yes it does take different forms for certain people but this is what it looks like for me.

My last goal of 2011 is this... Active member in church 

And that will be part 3 :)

I am going to conclude with this... this is not my best post I have had an emotional roller coaster over these last few days and have had to look myself in the mirror and face some tough issues. However what I have learned, where I am moving on to. I will leave you with this reflect. MAKE GOALS they are great things but they need to be achievable and have a higher purpose. A great man told me a few days ago that we should take BIG STEPS one step at a time. Make an active change into who you want to become one day at time do not make these huge unachievable goals but rather take one step after the other to achieve the goal you have set. I am sorry for the short post look back tonight or tomorrow there will be a few big ones coming.

Goodbye for now,

Christian Sawka
 

No comments:

Post a Comment