Sunday, March 20, 2011

Priority

Hey Guys,

Something that is starting to become more and more important in my life is priorities and what means the most to me in my life. When I was battling through depression, nothing was a priority in my life. Anything and everything seem not urgent or important and any point. Well now that I have worked through most of my depression the first thing that has happened is EVERYTHING became a priority to me. I went back to over-extending myself, I wanted to do everything under the sun this included anything and everything once again. As anyone who has read my blog for a while knows I came to a real fight with the importance of life. Well once you come out of that you have a new energy for life, a new vigor to get stuff down and a push to live life once again. Unfortunately you have to be careful as to how much you take on. I have been told since the moment I came to TWU I was the type of person who LOVES to get involved and my biggest weakness was I like to do too much. It is something I will master eventually and something I am working on is what is a priority in my life.

On a day to day level it is easy.... there are four categories: Urgent and Important, Important and Not Urgent, Urgent and Not important, and Not Important or Urgent. Something my mentor and my dad have told me since the beginning of this year and for my dad since the beginning of my life is to prioritize my task. Each day you have to prioritize everything because you cannot get everything done but somethings are more important than others. For example (my dad is going to love this) Getting a paper done has more importance then watching TV or Movies. Studying is more important then talking to a friend till the wee hours of the night. It is always easy to prioritize things as what is important, urgent or neither. Here I will give you a list before making my final point.
Work? Homework? Church? Studying? Sleeping? Running? Watching TV? Reading the Newspaper? Family? Facebook? etc... what are your priorities there?

Here is my final and probably the biggest point I have to make about my life and priorities. Everything in life especially in my life is my own personal priority. What I mean by this is that the importance I put on things is extremely objective. If I do not want to do something that is vitally important I will not do it. It is not because I am lazy or anything but it is because I myself do not see the importance of that task. That is the biggest thing I am leaving about priority in life is that as vital or important and urgent a task can be, I myself need to make it a priority! Maybe it comes with growing up when you learn to 'suck it up' and get it done. Right now though, I think sleep is a priority!

Goodbye for now,
Christian Sawka

No comments:

Post a Comment